Are you excited about the Xbox One launch? If so, you would certainly want to learn as much as possible about it. As you know, it is a next generation console so there are plenty of new and exciting features. Here are the ten most important things that you should be aware of before you decide to buy the system and hit the store.
1. In the box, you will find the Xbox One console with 500 GB hard drive, which cannot be replaced, a Kinect sensor, a controller and HDMI plug. The console features two HDMI inputs. That way, you can connect it to your TV and to a set top box.
2. Xbox One is not backward compatible. You will not be able to play your favorite Xbox 360 games and titles from earlier editions. You will not be able to transfer such titles, to download them or to play them from discs. Still, your Xbox Live account details and all settings will be transferred.
3. The console comes with 13 third-party apps at launch. Some of the most notable ones include Netflix, Twitch, Blinkbox, 40 D and Crackle. These come in addition to the first-party apps like Xbox Video, Music and Fitness and Skype, SkyDrive and Internet Explorer.
4. There are over 20 titles available at the launch of the console. There are 15 exclusive ones and 8 new franchise ones. Some of the most exciting titles include Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, FIFA 14, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Ryse: Son of Rome and Zoo Tycoon.
5. You can watch live TV with Xbox One. There is an electronic guide called OneGuide, which is Kinect enabled. With the Snap Mode, you can use the apps that come with the console while watching television.
6. The new Xbox Live is cloud-based so you can easily keep your games, movies and music together in one place and have easy access to them. Multiplayer games can be pre-loaded. The new Kinect can recognize you for quick access to your account.
7. The console plays Blu-ray discs, DVDs, and CDs. Still, it is important to note that it does not support Blu-ray discs with 3D content. In general, this console gives you more hard-drive based content compared to PS4 which does not support CDs, even though it plays Blu-ray discks and DVDs.
8. Kinect can be used as a universal remote control. You can use it to change the settings of your TV and cable box. You can use voice commands for turning the volume up or down and for changing the channels as well.
9. Most online services including basic ones like streaming movies from Netflix require Xbox Live Gold membership. As previously, you need such membership in order to access and enjoy multiplayer games.
10. Once the Xbox One console is connected to your television set and to your home theatre system, the platform will be always on. This means that there is a possibility for updates and Skype messages to pop up while you are watching a movie or a television show. In order to avoid such issues, you need to disconnect the console from the system.